On Thursday, September 22, 2016 at 10:34:36 PM UTC-5, dstein wrote:

> Does extra weight on the handlebars affect steering more than if it sits
> lower on like a mark's rack?

I'm sure there are real engineers or physicists on the list who will say
I'm out of my depth ... but my answer is that for a given position relative
to the steering axis and the tire contact patch, it doesn't matter where
the bag is attached.  Lower and closer to the steering axis should have
less of an influence. The more securely stabilized the better, too.

I haven't done a same-bike comparison of the Boxy Bag/F15 vs
Berthoud/Decaleur. I set the Berthoud in pretty much the same location,
though. Functionally, I think it's important to have the top of the bag at
the handlebars to make it easy to see and reach in to find things. I give
the F15 a bit of an edge in stability because of it holding 3 sides of the
top of the bag. Decaleurs just hold one side, allowing a bit more sway. The
bag sitting on the rack mostly offsets that, though, so there's not a lot
of difference in stability.

Ted Durant