What a fantastic bike! I cannot believe this is the last batch. I thought
it would not be possible, but I like it even more than the Betty. The fact
that it's my correct size probably has a lot to do with it. But it's more
than that alone. Being able to place the saddle further back (Darn Brooks
with its limited rearward positioning), the longer stays, the overall
feeling when riding it is pure bliss. Truly just ride!

I rode 14 miles with a friend this morning, then met my wife for breakfast
at our favorite place in California Ave., and I was having so much fun that
I just didn't want to go back home. Kept riding to Palo Alto Bikes in
downtown to show it to my mechanic, then went onwards to Stanford where my
oldest daughter just started her MBA and managed to catch her so I took her
for brunch as well, although I didn't eat. Then finally rode home, since I
had to pack as I'm traveling this evening.

Some first impressions:
- Wowed by the B67 Select. I keep wanting to sit a bit further back, but
it's quite comfortable and pushed all the way back. I did ride it with
padded knickers, but tested it for a short spin on regular shorts and found
it comfortable. Especially on the upright (not 100%) position I like.
- The Ahearne cockpit with Brooks slender grips is just fantastic.
- The shifters on the quill are just perfect for this bike. My mechanic
loved the setup.
- The 44mm tires are amazing. Tolerances for fenders, as you can see on the
photos, will be probably fine, but on the tighter side in terms of extra
clearance for safety.
- Like the Teltro brakes very much. Did swap their pads for the Yokozuna
salmon ones RBW sells.
- Added my custom aesthetic touches as you can see in the photos. The
kickstand with its own shellacked tape will be added when I get back. So
will the rear rack. I was planning to go with the Pleitecher rack, but
after seeing the bike built, I can't help but think it has to get the Nitto
rear rack. Another excellent improvement on this last series is that
braze-one were added in the seat stays higher than the dropout to allow for
the mid sized Nitto rear rack to fit. I like it much better since it goes
closer to the seat stays and the saddle.

Anyway, here are the photos. Enjoy!
https://flickr.com/photos/25160594@N05/sets/72157674336110365

BTW, did I say that the blue Cheviot is the prettiest of them all?

René