Rene,
I have the large nitto rear rack on my Atlantis and it works great for touring
with panniers. I have the Pletscher rear rack on my Hillborne which I use for
around town errands. I leave Back a Bike bags on it all the time. That
Pletscher is really handy with that rat trap spring. I find myself sticking
stuff under there all the time. I'm in the process of building up a Cheviot and
a  Pletscher rack will be on it.

Howard
Livonia Mi