I was referring to the brazed-on centerpulls. The Compass centerpulls I
have on my custom allow plenty of room for super wide metal fenders, I'm
running 58mm Honjo fenders there.

In a distant future, if I ever decided to repaint the Cheviot, I'd put
those braze-ons at the time, move the cable guides and run the Compass
Centerpulls to get all that clearance.

That being said, I think that for the main purpose I got the bike for,
which is a leisure, just ride around town, errands bike, 38mm tires are
just perfect. So no rush to do that work.

Right now, if I had to reduce the flock, it would just be the custom and
the Cheviot.

René