I had the Paul's CP brakes on the tandem.  They work well.  They open just
enough to clear a full 38mm tire but not enough for a 41.  The specs show
an opening for a 55 mm fender but I managed to squeeze the VO 60s because
the frame had enough space to drop the fender down a couple of mm.

The Paul's offer better stopping and easier set  up than any of th Dia
Compes or Tectros I have owned.

Michael