The connectors on the Secula taillight are smaller, and they require a
different crimping tool than these would use. The connectors in this photo
resemble the ¼" connectors common in the US. The connectors Busch & Müller
uses are 2.8mm, much smaller. And these connectors only crimp onto the
conductor. The metric connectors we use have two crimps; one pair for the
conductor and one pair for the insulator.

PJW

On Fri, Oct 7, 2016 at 8:30 PM, Kurt Manley <kurtaman...@gmail.com> wrote:

> <https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-F4uK4mGtzMY/V_g90hiCyqI/AAAAAAAAAYg/RdvNjhO6HtE48RnIY9Mxfu20NxEsqsSiwCLcB/s1600/Screen%2BShot%2B2016-10-07%2Bat%2B5.27.36%2BPM.png>
> If you go to the hardware store and buy these type of spade connectors I
> have the crimper for them and you can use it. I live on Oakland ave. If you
> have a hard time finding the non-insulated ones you can just buy the
> insulated and pull the connector out and use heat shrink.
>

> On Friday, October 7, 2016 at 3:01:31 PM UTC-7, dstein wrote:
>>
>> Jon - good to know. that was my backup plan actually, good to know it
>> worked. sounds like the concern with that is either breaking the spade or
>> not getting it tight enough (which sounds like some people will solder in
>> addition to that - which is another thing i'm inept at). but, worse case i
>> screw it up and spend a few more bucks on another spade connector or two.
>>
>> On Fri, Oct 7, 2016 at 2:30 PM, Jon Dukeman,central Colorado <
>> row.n.2...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I used a good pair of needle nose pliers and my lights work fine.
>>> Those tools are a lot of money for home use...Used only a few times.
>>> Or take your neighbor up on his offer.
>>>
>>> --
>>>

>> --

Peter White