I purchased a Kalloy dirt drop stem to experiment using drop bars on my
Bianchi MTB. Works fine with dirt drop bars (these are Origin 8) w/ 25.4
stem clamp diameter. I will probably go Nitto both for stem and bars in the
future but have no worries as to the stem not holding up on serious off
road riding

<http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j108/dancethehempenjig/36C1E32E-7FD2-4784-B5D8-777EDFBF0F0F_zpspf2cemko.jpg>