Palmer, FWIW, From my experience on a Bombadil(Alba bar) , with the high
trail handling (and high bars) putting my hands anywhere near the stem
feels completely unstable, nothing like my custom bike with neutral
handling which handles like a racing bike and feels just fine with hands on
the tops of drop bars bombing down hills, but with a higher stem and alba
bars does not feel ridable with hands there, though some of this may be due
to the higher center of gravity. Different bars than a Bosco, yes, but not
so different as both would be high center of gravity. I can't image braking
from that position ever on either bar, except to say "I did it and
survived" . Your experience may be completly different of course !