G,

Have you solved the wimpy plastic washer issue?  Maybe a thick hard rubber?  I
remember there were two types of action figures growing up: brittle Gi joes
who's thumbs broke off and these heartier more maliable super heroes with a
similar but durable Kung fu grip.  I don't know why silvers 1s trigger this
memory but that's where my mind goes.  In any case, I learned my lesson and
stocked up as I have silver 1s on noodles and cycle thru them and chalk it up
to regular maintenance.

FW,

CBB