I switched several years ago from Brooks B-17 which I had ridden on for
years on several bikes. i had issues with decomposition of B-17s over time
to where they became uncomfortable - even with the "Select" version. Also,
I found as I began to ride in a more forward leaning manner (lowered my
bars for more comfort, contrary to what is often preached here), the B-17
shape didn't work for me.

So I switched to Berthoud and have been happy as a clam ever since. I've
been riding the Aspin now for about 3 years. Better quality (thicker,
stiffer leather; no hamered rivets to eventually dig into ones backside as
the leather around the rivet wears; completely rebuildable saddle because
the saddle is bolted to the rails, not hammered in. Just a better design,
in my opinion.

Caveat: it took me 500 miles to break the saddle to where riding anything
more than 20 miles was comfortable. But, after 3 years, the saddle is
broken, but not broken. Just thicker, stiffer material that will last much
longer, I am sure. Highly recommended.

John