I have heard different things from different "experts". Some say the leather
is not the same as in the olden days. Some say the leather quality is different
on different models. Some say the leather does not differ between models. So
there is  different info going around. Hard to get to the bottom of it.

 I did get confirmation from Brooks that misaligned rivets, crooked Brooks name
plates, crooked  adjuster bolt, and crooked noses,  different height Springs,
are part of the handmade process and do not cause a problem for functionality .
 Maybe I will email them again and see if I get an answer on the leather.