The mystery continues for me..

Found Riv's old geo chart
(https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gfiN1kOxVrthdc6eScUF9fP5n-BvRBILbBMYiEg5LM4/edit#gid=0),

which just so happens to have the 51cm San Marcos I have and the 56cm Sam
Hillborne. Grant's sizing says a 54cm San Marcos would have worked well for
me, but I went with a 51 because I felt that 55 was a good length for a top
tube.

I *thought* my Hillborne's top tube was 57, but actually the effective one
is 59! I do have Nitto Albatross on the Hillborne, but I find myself in a
more 'aggressive' position in them comfortable as well (hands in front of
levers).

In looking at the geometry, the San Marcos and the Hillborne are very
similar, only difference, according to the chart, is the seat tube angle,
with the hillborne being 72 and the San Marcos 71.5

So then I thought, why does my All City Macho King feel so long? Macho King
seat tube is 73 and the head tube is 71.5, the effective top tube is 55.

So OK, to get the same saddle to pedal position between the Hillborne and
Macho King, I simply move the Hillborne's seat about 1cm, which I did do.
The Hillborne is feeling pretty good. ~6-8mile daily commute so far and
it's fine. Might do a metric century on it this weekend (but not 'really'
because we will be stopping at cider mills, but I digress..)

The Macho King certainly has a shorter top tube than the either two:
San Marcos: 184
Hillborne: 180?
Macho King: 130

Macho King does *not* have the bars at saddle height - perhaps that is
where I am running into issues then? I have a 90x10* stem on the Macho
King, and I really don't want to get a higher rise stem as those look odd
IMO - whereas long rise quill don't bother me.

The one other thing is the Bottom Bracket drop: SM and Hillborne are 75,
whereas the Macho King is 70..

So then I started to look at the Roadeo geometry, as that's ideally what I
would be getting as my 'roadie' bike - I may have a custom builder
re-create a similar bike for me, but seeing all this I am confused.

I took the basic formula of PBH-27, which for me is 56, and that puts me at
either a 55 or a 57 Roadeo.
The 55 has the same seat tube angle as the Macho King, 73. 57 has 72.5. The
head tube angle is 72.5 and 73, respectively. The top tube is 55.5 and 56.5.

Where it gets further confusing for me is that I took some measurements,
and plugged into Competitive Cyclist's page and looked at the Eddy and the
French fit.

Eddy: Top Tube 54.7-55.1
French: Top Tube 55.9-56.3

Both fits say I should be running a pretty long stems (10.1cm), with the
French one being longer (up to 10.9cm) maybe because their calculator says
the french fit is a bigger frame, less reach since the top tube is higher
on the bike?)

So now, I am confused if a 57 Roadeo would be good, the standover on a 57
would be lower than my Hillborne by about a 1cm, right now, if I'm
straddling the Hillborne, the tube is 'right there'. "In other words, when
you straddle your bike, your genitals may rest on the top tube, but your
pubic bone will easily clear it -- as you'll notice if you grab a handful
of genitals and pull up."