I have lots of experience with bunches of SP & canti brakes, along with
assorted levers,  but very little with V brakes and none with disks. During
the last month I have had the opportunity to try both out.  We have test
ridden two tandems (a DaVinci with ICS and a CoMotion with a Rolhoff).
 Much to my surprise I could not tell much difference between those to sets
of disk brakes and the neo retros on our tandem.  Both the power and
modulation felt very similar.  I am now visiting my son in El Cerrito and
we borrowed a bike with Tectro V brakes.  I found them very powerful but
the front brake had almost no modulation at all.  Just the slightest touch
of the lever brought the bike to a complete stop.

Is this typical of V brakes?  Do others who have tried these have a similar
impression?

Michael