I noticed a significant dip in posts/topics in October, as well. Based on the
data, July (1287 posts) and October (1436 posts) have been the slowest months
so far this year, and March (2303), May (2162), and June (2386) were the
busiest. In general, it seems like the months when people are most excited
about cycling and/or working on their bikes tend to have the most traffic. The
months when folks are generally busiest and most productive at work
(September/October) or with vacations (July) tend to be the slowest. Based
solely on last December's data, it's likely that the posts will bump back up
around the year's average of 1800 or so posts/month by then.

I wonder if March, May, and June are bike shops' busiest months, too? I would
guess April and August are up there, as well. Either way, I'd imagine a
connection exists in there somewhere.

Bob