And did you hear me complain about the "dank and cool" weather I rode in?  I'm
truly a spoiled, California wuss…

Happy New Year, though!

________________________________
From: Pete Olson <apol...@centurytel.net>
To: RBW Owners Bunch <rbw-owners-bunch@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Sat, January 2, 2010 9:10:30 AM
Subject: [RBW] Re: New Years Day Ride

My New Year’s Day ride was short but had variety.  The Christmas storm
in northern Wisconsin included snow, sleet, and freezing rain that has
left an icy rutted surface on the local back roads.  I rode my ’92
Bridgestone MB2 with studded tires on various paved and unpaved roads
(basically irrelevant with the icy snow cover), a snowmobile trail,
and frozen lake.  The tires worked very well on the roads,
surprisingly pretty well on the snowmobile trail, but not well at all
on the lake (I didn’t have enough floatation on the crusty snow but
couldn’t get traction on the lake ice).  It was 10 F air temperature
with a 9 mph wind.  Unfortunately, today started quite a bit colder,
-15 F.  My wife and I are waiting for it to warm up to -5 to go cross
country skiing. -Pete