Don't get me wrong, the Pacer is a great bike.  Just like the Long Haul
Trucker is a great bike.  A lot of people used to say that if you can't
afford an Atlantis, then get a Trucker.  Sure, they can do similar things,
but the LHT is not an Atlantis and it is not a Riv.

I am lucky enough to have multiple bikes in my herd to choose from, and
have found that the non-Riv bikes weren't getting any love, so I got rid of
them...  On the flip side, if you are adding to your herd and love your
Riv, then it makes a ton of sense to get another Riv that you will love
rather than spend less for something you will not love.

Toshi