This may have been posted before but it's worth a re-read:

http://velonews.competitor.com/cycling-extremes

A bit long & detailed but the best discussion of a-fib & v-tac that I've
seen outside of medical publications.  I'm NOT a medical person, just a
customer & recipient of some of this incredible technology.  Long story
short, I dodged some bullets without knowing I was being shot at.

One of the key points about these conditions is they can strike without
warning, often with little or no pain.  Classic heart attack symptoms such
as shooting pain down the arm, chest pain, etc., probably won't happen.
You just feel a bit dizzy, light headed and short of breath.

Another problem is a regular old EKG may not detect a-fib.  You need to be
aware & push the issue with your Dr to get more sensitive tests.
Cardiologists are reluctant to go fishing; they prefer to be handed the
pole with the fish on the line.  Problem is you are the fish, gasping for
air.

The big takeaway is that exercise has its place in heart health BUT there
can be too much of a good thing.  The big problem is knowing where that is
for each individual.  Many of us feel "it won't happen to me", but then
cyclists don't expect to get hit by cars, surfers don't expect to get hit
by sharks, golfers & lightening, etc.

If you've been doing serious exercise / training for a few decades, give
Grant's post a thought & read the Velo article completely.  Good stuff to
know.

Doug Peterson