I agree; I love Thunder Burts.  I have a set of 26 x 2.1" Liteskins on my
'88 Schwinn KOM.

The TBs feel about as fast as my Schwalbe Super Moto tires, which are about
95% as fast as the best supple tires I've ridden (Pari-Moto, GB Cerf,
Lierre, Compass Stampede Pass).

What makes the Thunder Burts exceptional is that they're fast, but they
still have a reasonable amount of tread for occasional dirt wanderings.
Mine feel great on a local lazy singletrack. The TBs have great cushion and
enough traction; they only get squirrely if the trail is muddy.

Whereas, the Super Moto and Compass RTP tires have no tread.  I washed out
the front Super Moto tire a couple times on twisty singletrack.  The SM and
RTP are great for gravel and pavement, but not dirt.