You guys inspired me to go for a ride over the Thanksgiving Day break.  I
was also inspired by the nasty weather we are expected to get this next
week in the Rocky's.  It was a classic un-racer ride for the pleasure of
riding, going 25 miles at 12 miles per hour.  Wearing my blue jeans and
flannel shirt in between 45 and 50 degrees F.   It was a wonderful way to
enjoy the last bit of nice weather before old man winter makes it a bit
more of a challenge.

I recently built up a dyno front wheel and installed lights on my Homer.
 This was my first trip beyond commuting with this set up.  I didn't really
notice any drag.

Here are some pictures:
https://flic.kr/p/Nqnm3e
https://flic.kr/p/PAxtJb
https://flic.kr/p/P6fW1S

More musings..
As I get older, I more appreciate the natural cycles of summer and winter.
 It is so much of what makes life interesting and helps remind us of how
wonderful the world is when the spring returns and the world blooms
renewed.  Winter is a time for rest and reading and learning.  That is why
I am a little anti fat bike.  Take the winter and do something else,
something different.  Go skiing, or snowshoeing.  Learn to play the guitar.
 Then when spring returns, you can return to the bike with a passion
renewed.

Scott