Love the flipped Sparrow bars - has a good old-school feel to it. Have you
tried the Ergon grips designed for the swept-back bars (GC1 I think)? Not
sure there's all that different from the standard ones, but I really like
them on a MAP/Ahearne bar mounted relatively far and low as a compromise vs
a drop bar configuration.