I am healing up nicely - no scars from the brambles.  The neck is still
sore and crackly, but i have most of my range of motion back.  Still doing
the daily PT stretches - probably for a few more weeks.

On the bike front, things are great!  I went and picked it up yesterday, in
fact.  On Saturday, I received a call by a woman saying "I have your bike".
 I took down her number and address and went up yesterday to get it.  I
talked with her brother, who had evidently "found it laying on the side of
the road".  He said that he thought someone had stolen it and ditched it.
 When he got home, he noticed some blood on the helmet and bike, and said
he called the hospital to see if anyone had come in from a bike crash.  No
reports, so he put it in the back shed.  This last weekend, my "drew's
list" ad in the lost and found paid off, as his sister noticed it there and
asked her brother about that white bike he had found.  They had the helmet,
too - good as I wanted to see what it looked like, and it looks like it
took a good bit of impact from what I'm betting was barbed wire fence, or a
viciously strong blackberry branch.  The bike also still had my water
bottle on it:)

The bike is in good shape - a bit rusty from being outside (chain and
bolts, only), and it looks like he tried to take the valve stem off the
back, but it's a tubeless setup, and he couldn't get the lock ring off the
stem (scarred up the stem with a pliers a bit).  I have a feeling that if
he would have been able to pump up the back wheel, I may not have gotten
the bike back.  Tubeless saves the day??

I'm really happy to get the bike back, as it has some nice parts on it (Son
Deluxe, Berthoud fenders, Nitto bars, stem, seatpost, Selle Anatomica
saddle, my beloved Suntour XC Pro FD and XT RD, and of course the amazing
Rene Herse crankset).  The added bonus is I had purchased a replacement
Toussaint in the new rev from the boys in Canada for a reduced price!  I
just told them about the return of the original, but they said they are
happy I'm ok with 2 frames (I am!), so it's still on the way.  I may make
that into the town porter/commuter, a la Bill's Rosco - it's about the same
color, and I have plenty of parts in the bin.  Always wanted a low-trail
porteur town bike.  Now i just need a 650B wheelset.

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-ce0N_jIpn1g/WFmLkAXt2vI/AAAAAAAAH8E/zqvf8Uxw-XAgfnUvrgMPw6I2tqSgwFuXQCLcB/s1600/IMG_0088.JPG>

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-hxIlY9fuo_M/WFmLPEELVwI/AAAAAAAAH8A/xQaDb4B5n4k50-xfKYk4I1bkuXS-j0xvACLcB/s1600/IMG_0083.JPG>

Brian Hanson

Seattle, WA