This could prompt a new thread for the most anyone has overpaid for that
"must-have" bike part.  Or under-paid for that matter. I've been pretty
lucky with bicycle related stuff, and am fairly sure I either always got
reasonable to excellent value, or a good lesson at worst.  No matter the
sticker price, quality always pays itself back over time.  The hard part is
recognizing the distinction between quality and price, and balancing desire
and need.

Ian A/Canada