Dial in your grind. Not as fine as espresso, not as coarse as pour over.
Totally depends on your grinder, but be prepared to experiment.

Don't pack the grounds too tight. Fill the... whatever-it's-called to
overflowing, then scrape flat across. I use my finger.

Make sure it's really cranked down and closed tight before you start
brewing.

Use medium heat, just to the point where the flame is fully covering the
bottom but not licking up the sides. Slower brew is better brew.

Leave the lid open to check your progress.

Once the coffee is about halfway done brewing and you're starting to see
the (admittedly paltry) *crema*, close the lid, turn off the heat and let
it hiss out under its own internal pressure.

Expect more water than you'd like to be left in the bottom of reservoir
when you're done. Just the way it is.

Don't clean. Like, kinda... never. Pour out the leftover water, give the
filter deal a quick rinse so there are no grounds, turn upside down to dry,
and that's it.

I wouldn't even touch the insides until and unless somebody in the house
makes you, and even then I'd only give it a quick swipe to remove a little
of the film.

If you are forced to clean it by said somebody, don't use soap, ever ever.

As Jeremy said, it will never make a proper espresso, but it's excellent
straight as surrogate strong coffee, or add a little boiled water for an
Americano.

Love 'em.

Jeff Hagedorn
Los Angeles, CA USA