On 01/07/2017 06:41 AM, Ron Mc wrote:
I'm pushing the life of Compass tires on the rears of two bikes right now. If it flats, it's time to change it. I carry my spare tire so I can do it on the roadside if necessary. Fingernails are really sensitive, and you can feel the flat spot across the tread on worn tires.

But note that many thin-treaded "event" tires never "square off" - there's just not enough tread there to form a noticeable flat section. That's been the case for me with 1st Gen Pari Motos, Challenge Parigi Roubaix and 28mm Grand Bois ELs.