I have a Rosco Bubbe road bike, and I wish it had normal vertical dropouts.
 I used chainring bolts as spacers to position the rear axle more to the
front of the horizontal dropouts.  That mod makes horizontal dropouts
behave more like vertical dropouts.  The only reason anyone should prefer
horizontal dropouts is because they want to do a drivetrain with no rear
derailer.  Singlespeed, fixed, IGH, etc, are all better with horizontal
dropouts.  For everything else, I strongly prefer vertical dropouts.

Bill Lindsay
El Cerrito, CA