@Steve, yep long live 8sp. I really wanted indexed and I wanted all silver

@Keith saddle height usually ends up being 79cm, 89cm PBH, I'm 5' 11".  If I
went large I would have been ON the bar and that would have been a compromise
for some of the trail riding I anticipated.  Also, I was dead set on this being
a drop bar bike, had I went with straight bars or sweeps I might have leaned
the other direction.  Considering the bars, I think it was the right move.  I
prob would have had to do weird things to the bar/stem choices in order to get
comfortable with drops on a 59cm TT.  I'm a bit longer in the legs so I always
find myself making compromises in the fit department.