Joe, if you don't find them locally -- you can rest assured that they do
exist online and are easily obtainable. I just picked up a pair of VP-535's
on EBay for around $11.99. They're cheap (and cheap feeling) -- like,
probably not serviceable cheap feeling -- but whatever, they're $12.99 and
nylon and that's what I needed so my VP Gripsters would stop scratching the
holy hell out of my other bikes when piled together in our bike parting
area. The 535's are actually sport a lightly bigger platform and while I
haven't tried them when wet, they feel great when riding in dry conditions.