I don't know about 'typical' but I made my first "built to order" purchase
from Rivendell in November.  I ordered a 650B Atlantis, and they said it
would be roughly four months, due in part to the fact that lots of the
Waterford folks take time off for hunting.  I was buying a couple things at
RBW Headquarters a little while back and asked Will for an update and he
checked for me.  He said my 'tentative' shipping date is 2/15/17 but he
said to take that with a grain of salt also.

I did want a non-stock color on my Atlantis.  I did not want to break the
bank, I just wanted something a little unique.  Will told me the easiest,
lowest cost way to be a little bit original is to choose a 'stock option'
color from Waterford.  He pointed me to about a dozen color choices on a
webpage, and I picked a metallic grey.  He said all of those Waterford
stock option colors are small upcharges, like $100 or less.  I'm not
completely certain what the final price will be, but I'm convinced that
Rivendell just passes on whatever expense they have to lay out to make it
be the color you want.  If it's a Waterford color, it's fairly easy and
cheap.  If it's a D&D paintjob, it's hundreds of dollars.  If it's a Joe
Bell paintjob, it is even more.

Bill Lindsay
El Cerrito, CA