If there are folks in the DC area that are thinking of car pooling please
post in this thread.  Front Royal is still about an hour from DC so getting
out there still requires some planning.

Has anyone ridden this route before?  I'm curious about which bike would
make the most sense, I've not driven this section of Skyline Drive in quite
awhile.   Are there points on in between that would make sense for a
roundtrip etc?

Patrick, i can't find a consolidated list anywhere, but the NPS are doing
this in other places, for example here's one for Crater Lake
Oregon,
https://home.nps.gov/crla/planyourvisit/vehicle-free-days-on-east-rim-drive.htm