Not that I know for sure but I am guessing it is actual vs effective.  That
said, having two different numbers out there can be confusing unless you
are paying pretty close attention.  I was looking at the 58cm Appaloosa
figures the other night and noticed the 59.7 vs. 61.5 top tube lengths
given.  The 61.5 is noted as effective TT and I think that is right (though
an assumption).  I take it the 59.7 must be actual, but again...

I will throw in that Grant came in to another thread to talk about TT
lengths as applied to bikes designed for higher bar positioning and I do
get that.  I also really appreciate his input on these things!  That said,
the two numbers do bug me and might confuse someone making the big
decision(s).

In my wanderings that night, I re-read the Adventure Cycling review of the
Appaloosa, a 58cm, that they state as having a 59.7 "effective" TT.  Wrong
I am guessing?!  But they saw that number in a chart and assumed
effective.  Or, heck, maybe it is?
https://www.adventurecycling.org/adventure-cyclist/online-features/road-test-rivendell-joe-appaloosa/

Anyway, hopefully someone knows about any changes.  I will say, if I had
extra money and the fleet of bikes was not so crazy here, I would be
ordering an Appaloosa, and that's the truth.