You've got good 'problems'! :)  Great photo's and really gorgeous builds
and bikes.

And you and I are about the same size... I've also got a 60cm Saluki which
is the jewel in my collection and recently sold a 56 Bombadil.  I've never
ridden a 60 Bombadil but given the fit of the 56 I don't think it would
have worked well for me at least as the off pavement workhorse it was built
to be.  For me personally 3-4 bikes is about the max for getting enough
riding out of each of them to be worth it. Actually last year I had the
Saluki, Bomba, XO-3 and Bob Jackson go-fast built and available almost the
full year, the usage was about 80/15/4/1.  Your comments on the Romulus
sound alot like my own for my Bob Jackson, without a doubt the quickest,
lightest bike I own and w/ Compass 32mm tires it has 'magic'... but I don't
ride it much, its not built up for carrying a commuting load and when I
swapped my Saluki back to drop bars and unloaded it I feel like I've got
95% of the same sensation w/ extra cargo capacity and nicer lugs...  Unlike
my attempts to sell the Jackson you'd probably find a pretty willing market
on the Romulus.

Chris/Pondero made a comment to me and I think on the board about a year
ago about continuing to build up the same bike over and over again that
really struck a chord with me.  The dilemma/opportunity of an all-rounder
frame is the draw to continuously re-imagine it.  Right now I'm more about
perfecting each bike in it's existing build rather than re-building it up
with different personalities.

Not sure exactly how to bend this back to your OP but I guess I'd say I
heartily agree with your keep the Saluki/Clementine (wife has a 52
Clementine and its great!).  Like the others I'd say shop the Bombadil and
I'd depart from the others a bit and say shop the Romulus to... commit to
the next frame, burn your ships, er bikes! :)  Use the funds to splurge on
some Saluki or Clementine components if you have anything leftover from the
Appaloosa build.  On the Specialized sounds like you've got the right idea
to ride it till you figure it out one way or another.