I've got a 60cm canti Saluki and briefly had a (to large by alot) 64cm
Atlantis... The size disparity makes my ride impressions of the two pretty much
useless but from a frame perspective I'd say that the Atlantis is probably the
best looking bike I've ever seen with the best head badge to boot.

That said at least till the new 650b model was released I felt the 26"/56cm was
to small and my experience with the 2"+ 700c tires on the 64cm we're way to
big... So I explored the 650b path leading my to the 60 Saluki which his just
about perfect size wise, maybe a touch long in the top tube with drops.

The Saluki does seem to sit very nicely in the spectrum of Riv bikes though,
has a cool name, headbadge and is sufficiently rare that I understand the
draw...  The lugs are great, braze on's plentiful but ridiculously so, classic
level top tube, and the canti version can easily be reimagined; a stripped down
roadie (with plush tires), a mid trail randonneur (a classy one), a reasonably
fully loaded mixed surface tourer, a CX/singletrack rig with attitude (BG RnR's
eh!?!), just about any bar combo can be done.

The Saluki's only limitations in my mind come with whatever you are comfortable
doing on 42mm tires/fenders or slightly larger w/out and maybe super heavy
loads - but I did a C&O trip with close to 280# Rider plus luggage with no ill
effects.

All that can be done with an Atlantis though... A bit heavier tube spec but you
gain extra tire width capacity.  Good luck with your bike musings!

Tony