Thanks Philip.  I was already feeling like fatter tire is a better match
for the demeanor of this bike.  Glad I picked up yours.

"If it won't fit don't force it."  and "Let the bike teach you" are very
useful advices.  Velo Orange rear hub wouldn't slide into drop outs. First
thought was to force it, thinking that the pain might be extra thick there.
On a second thought, I decided to slightly file the part of the hub that
sits inside the dropouts.

Overall, 40% done.  (had thought I would be 80% done this weekend).