I loved your story and it gave much needed laughter.   Thank you!
 However, take care of yourself so that you may write, and we may enjoy,
more stories.   I liked Pano's suggestion of using a water bottle spray.
I've never traveled with pepper spray.

Garrison Keillor, on an episode of A Prairie Home Companion so many years
ago (and I know that I'm crazily paraphrasing) said,  "there are no bad
experiences; it's all material."  I use that expression a lot during my,
hum... daily material.

Roberta