Thanks for following up George! Good notes and advice.

I received my helicopter tape from holo_haleakala on eBay yesterday as
well. I also ended up with a good size roll. It seems like that seller is
back in business and a good way to get high quality tape in a useful size
and with reasonable shipping charges. I've revised the feedback I left to
be positive.

Here's the link I used to order:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/3M-1-HELICOPTER-TAPE-Clear-14MIL-Extra-Tough-Frame-Protection-8681-1-65-ft-/182237433934

Seems like with a little patience everything worked out in the end.

Best,
Reed