Great news; thanks. I am leaning toward re-soling the Rivats just because
they look so retro-neat, but I do like the idea of putting a stiffener under
the vibram of boat shoes. I do have very stiff leather (scraps from Brooks
recovering, in fact) insoles but they do take up space.

On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 11:34 AM, Phil Brown <philcyc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jan 15, 7:11 am, PATRICK MOORE <bertin...@gmail.com> wrote:
>  Ditto for the nice
> > sheepskin-lined winter Sidis which have in fact been resoled but with
> soles
> > a bit thick and too slippery; perhaps have them resoled in boat shoe type
> > vibram.
> > What are y'all's experiences and recommendations?
> >
> > --
> > Patrick Moore
>

> My cobbler has resoled my boat shoes with a stiffer sole that is great
> on the bike. He's also resoled another pair wiht a herringbone pattern
> sole that is good but the herringbone tends to catch when entering.
> Cobblers have a lot of soles and I'd ask to see them.Also, a thin
> sheet metal plate can be inserted in the sole if you want it really
> stiff.
> Phil Brown

Patrick Moore
Albuquerque, NM