My lovely girls and I went for a nice ride this beautiful spring morning.
 There were strong and steady head winds and quartering winds, but my stout
hearted girls did not complain, for there was ice cream waiting for them at
our destination.

Here we are in the famous "missing bicyclist" formation.

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-b0E9WIQDgsg/WQ4klwGrqLI/AAAAAAAAC7g/3EWuK1rhfTQLPHYsRtlHup9QAdkaMsQZgCLcB/s1600/OnTheWay1.jpg>

I let the girls set the pace all the way there.  I told them they would
'beat' me to the store, and this really added to their motivation.  (Why do
they have to beat their old man?)

Here we are at the Rodney General Store and gas station, enjoying the
fruits of our labor.

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-6ibwj3GyVt4/WQ4mYSavdmI/AAAAAAAAC7s/lmwC6_inC6cih12O5se9hS4Bn5CqpvaIQCLcB/s1600/IceCream2.jpg>

In that I am still doing a low card diet, I did forgo the ice cream.  It
was reward enough to be out with my kiddos on this brilliantly beautiful
day.  But despite the sun, when the winds blew, it was quite cool, and we
were under-dressed.  Could have used a windbreak, but I thought our
activity level would be enough to keep us warm.  It didn't.  Still, ice
cream fixes most problems.

Traffic was sparse, and thankfully, what traffic there was gave us wide
berth and were very cautious making their way around us.  This was our
first foray out onto the highway, and the kids tend to be a little wobbly
in their steering.

Here we are, home and dry.

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-mXCruAre4bU/WQ4oNdG7mhI/AAAAAAAAC74/fa1_n2ia48Qlegyhj2kpHvvJXXKSJOg8gCLcB/s1600/HomeAndDry2.jpg>

Despite having just eaten an ice cream cone, both girls were ravenous upon
return, and made themselves large ham sandwiches which they then inhaled.
 I was a mite peckish myself, and ate slices of ham and cheese.

It occurs to me that I have said very little about my Clem here, except to
complain about the ghost shifting, which seems parsimonious to me.  The
reality is that it is a wonderful bike to ride.  It goes just as fast as I
can pedal, and really seems to disappear beneath me.  I am just sitting on
the saddle, gliding along with the wind in what's left of my hair.  I am
really grateful that Grant and Rivendell decide to put their energies
toward the development of this bicycle that produces such glee when ridden.