I don't think Bill's Rosco has the same design parameters as the others
you've lumped it with--or even other Roscos. The RBs were built around
Simple One forks, but beyond that, they were an opportunity to get a little
loose. The batch that this bike came from was "road" oriented, and that
would imply it works well with drops. I also recall reading a post where
the Rosco specs on one batch compared favorably with the Rodeo. Some of the
RBs were more mountainy, like the recent mountain mixte. Although some have
put drops on Apps and Clems, I would say that would not necessarily be
fully optimal. But certainly not terrible. Anyhow, that's how I see it from
my computer.

Here's a bit about the Rosco designs:

*Another good thing for us is that ROSCO has been an opportunity for others
here to learn about frame design. I shouldn’t be the only one. We have our
ways and established parameters. Nothing leaves here that isn’t 100 percent
Rivendell (and me) approved. But within the constraints there’s lots of
room for creativity and new ideas, and ONLY good frames that I’d be proud
of are coming out of it. *
[image: image]

*So the ROSCO you’re looking at may be designed by Mark, Brian, Will, or
Roman…maybe somebody else, and maybe me; but I go over every detail, and
I’m happy to say there’s little need for editing. We don’t list WHO was the
main designer on them, because I don’t want dumb scuttlebutt and favoritism
and feelings issues. *

Mark "I have zero plans to ever remove the Bosco Bulls from my
Clem(entine)" in Beacon