Hello, everyone.
I'm sending out feeler for the price of a used 51cm Sam Hillborne, 55cm
Cheviot, 55cm or 58cm Betty Foy, Rosco Bubbe Mixte, Atlantis--but I think I
won't be able to afford one, even if used-- (or any bikes similar to ones
on this list), with standard Rivendell builds or Rivendell-like builds.
Albatross,
Choco bars, or similar (no drop bars).   Needs to be able to mount a 38
(anywhere from 35-40 is OK) wide tire.   Needs to be complete bike, but I'm
OK if you want to sell sans saddle or pedals.    My PBH is 83cm.

I’m not looking for perfect looking or fancy—I don’t need racks (but I
wouldn’t say no to a rear rack), fenders, or anything else that would make
the bike look “expensive.”  In fact, the more plain-Jane, the better.   90%
of my rides are on asphalt.  The roads aren't well maintained.

Background:  This is to be a 2nd bike, one that I keep at my office for my
hour-ish after work rides to replace my early '90s hybrid.   My bike at
home is a new Joe Appaloosa that I ride on the weekends and I LOVE IT!!!!  I’d
like this second bike to be a little different than the Appaloosa and less
flashy, so I’d feel comfortable should I need to lock during a ride stop.

If anyone has a bike he/she is possibly interested in selling, could you do
a Private Reply and let me know what you have and about how much you’re
looking for.  I don’t need pictures and I won’t hold you to the number.  I’m
just trying to figure out if I have the budget for a second, albeit used,
Rivendell.   I see the CL prices, but I don't know if they are what the
bikes actually sell for.

There have been a few wonderful members here who have offered frames to me
at great prices and I deeply appreciate their offers, but I cannot build a
bike, and getting a bike shop to do it will make it unaffordable to me.

Thanks so much.

Roberta