On Jan 16, 5:18 am, Steve Palincsar <palin...@his.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-01-15 at 20:14 -0800, cyclotourist wrote:
> > Nathan, I think Steve's compare/contrast was pretty spot on.  I can
> > add that I flatted RTs pretty regularly via goathead thorns and that
> > the tread started peeling off on my tires.
>
> What besides tank treads don't flat on goathead thorns?

http://www.schwalbetires.com/marathon_plus

http://www.schwalbetires.com/images/e_img1_1152.gif

Forget Kevlar belts, Schwalbe took a low-tech approach and put a layer
of soft rubber under the tread that's thicker than a thumbtack is
long.  I suspect goatheads won't get through that.  Never tried them
myself, though.  At least they should ride better than Air Free tires.

http://www.airfreetires.com/

Bill