Dear Mike,

Awesome use of an e-bike, Mike! Kudos! Welcome to the group and the rabbit
hole! Grin.

Having no idea on the differences between tubing and more I can't speak to
the "sturdier" aspect, but the craftsmanship Grant and Co. put into their
bikes is stunning. I have beaten the living daylights out of my fully
loaded Hunqapillar for over 5 years and it keeps asking for more. I suspect
you would fine the Clem perfect for your needs. However, it is also worth
naming factors that decrease riding impact:

-- do you unweight the seat for rough spots? Shift your weight to your feet
and handlebars, let the bike rock, bounce, jounce, and roll beneath you. I
imagine an e-bike and those constant speeds increases such need. Grant has
a chapter on this in "Just Ride," well worth reading.

-- tires. Wide tires inflated to lower pressures absorb impact much more
than narrower and/or higher pressures. Tires with stiffer sidewalls and
flat protection (likely what you prefer for commuting) won't absorb as much
as supple tires (like Compass tires). Of course, there is the whole e-bike
rated tire thing, which I know nothing about.

With abandon,
Patrick