On Jan 20, 7:25 am, rperks <perks....@gmail.com> wrote:

> Another trick I have read in the past, hold the brake handle clamp in
> place with a piece of strapping or other tape, remove the lever, ...

Yes! I should have mentioned this. I just use a piece of the tape
that's being used to wrap the bars, which has always been "standard
practice" as I was trained, long before I started trying to do the
weave. Position the levers where you want them, then ride the bike
without tape for a while to be sure they're right. Wrap a short piece
of tape over the clamp to hold it in place, remove the lever, and tape
away.

Ted Durant