Hoe big of a basket ?  I know many like to zip tie a Wald on the Nitto mini
racks, but I'd never do it  myself. I'd get a porteur rack of some sort, prolly
the Soma Deluxe or the VO one with the Surly strut kit to attach to the mid
fork eyelets. Then I'd either use a bag inside the fence of the rack or attach
some other kind of container, just not a flimsy wire basket since they are not
made to be attached with the basket wires.

For just a Rando bag the mini racks are fine, but I'd go with a M18 or
M1(Mark's) that attach mid fork. I guess I'm not a fan of using the canti studs
and special bolts for the brakes since the bolts don't work with every brake.
The main difference in the M18 and M1 is one set of struts instead of 2, both
have the fork tang mount.