Let us know how you like it.

The only real difference I had to adapt to was learning not to try to coast
-- something so natural when you are coming to a corner or to a stop sign.
A few kicks of the pedal will learn ya.

But this is worth keeping in mind; if you should be standing and suddenly
stop pedaling, the pedal may just kick you off the bike. It's never
happened to me, thank God, but I've been alarmed more than once.

Other than that, what you adapt to is largely (1) downhills and (2) what
you have to adapt to anyway for ss freewheel, ie, planning ahead and pacing
yourself.

On Fri, Jun 23, 2017 at 10:56 PM, Jay in Tel Aviv <jayin...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Now I've done it - installed a cog on the fixed side of my ENO hub to try
> my Sam fixed.
> The gearing is 40/16 just like the freewheel. That way I can switch back
> and forth without messing with the brakes too much.
> The quick test run I did yesterday was fun.
> I was pleasantly surprised by the control at low speeds and the kick from
> the flywheel effect when accelerating.
> Let's see how the commute goes tomorrow - 35 km R/T.
> I'm planning on leaving extra time and bringing tools to switch back if
> necessary, but I don't expect to.
> Should be interesting whatever happens.
> Here's to learning something new at 50!
>
> Jay

*30% Supply and Demand discount, listmembers only, on all resume, LinkedIn,
and writing services, until Demand equals Supply! And there's more! 10%
kickback for any referral resulting in fully paid, list-price contract. And
still more!  I am offering services in trade for a road bike, or frame and
parts, that are period compatible with my AM hub, circa 1937 to 1961. See
my website for what I do and what I charge; email for details.*

Other professional writing services.
http://www.resumespecialties.com/
Patrick Moore
Alburquerque, Nouvelle Mexique,  Vereinigte Staaten