I've noticed on the greenways when being overtaken by bikes (not sure why
they want to go that fast on greenways, but it's their business)
high-pitched single-impact bells like the Spurcycle are in the wind noise
bandwidth and not easy to hear when you're riding a bike.
I like the Crane Karen (Riv's Bell 26) because it flamms, giving multiple
strikes like an old-fashioned telephone bell.  That, and the lower pitch is
in a voice bandwidth, which more people can hear.
Have these on every bike along with a spare spring from Rivendell, because
the springs do break with high usage.