Looks to be a straightforward case of Purple With Envy. (Sorry, could not
help that.)

It appears the bike ended up in a homeless encampment. Is that correct? I
sympathize with losing a bicycle, but not having a place to live really
sucks on a whole nuther level. Which is not to say I approve of
anyone--homeless or otherwise--operating a bike theft ring, if that is
indeed what is/was going on. Just taking a moment to be grateful I can
afford to indulge in my bicycle hobby at the moment. I'm super glad this
beautiful bike was returned to its owner, and so quickly! Chapeau to all
involved in the rescue!