I did check bikeflights website, and they're quoting $1100 one way for the two
bikes.  Yikes!

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 6, 2017, at 2:20 PM, Jim M.
<mather...@gmail.com<mailto:mather...@gmail.com>> wrote:

Shipping is really expensive. Check Bikeflights, but I bet it will be more than
$500 per bike.

British Airways is pretty good about accommodating sports equipment:
https://www.britishairways.com/en-us/information/baggage-essentials/sporting-goods-and-musical-instruments
 And I think the worst you'd get is an oversize baggage fee.

Free Country<http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/15749759-free-country> is the
book Jay refers to. I found it a pleasant read, with some very humorous bits,
including scrounging a child's bike for part of the trip.

I've only thought about riding that route so I can't give firsthand experience
but I know there are plenty of guidebooks available.

happy trails!
jim m
walnut creek, ca