Hhmmmm... I looked back through FS posts on this forum, nothing scientific,
nothing formal, but I see a wide variety of bikes for sale, more Sam's, a
few Homer's, but there are Atlantis, Cheviot's, Clem's, Betty Foy's, a Riv
Road, a Roscoe, other non-Riv bikes.

I know there was at least one person who had miscalculated a bit on using
drop bars (on the Joe) and there have been times of financial or other
need.  That said, I am pretty sure the Joe's do not come for sale any more
often than other bikes, at least not on this forum.  I think there have
been re-posts and bumps of specific bikes for sale and maybe that makes it
seem so.

Anyway, there are many reasons to sell a bike... Many of us are
experimenters, try'ers of things and, at times, keeping that going
sometimes demands the letting go of other bikes.  Also, sometimes the bike
that might bring the most $$ return is the one that needs to go, based on
circumstances, etc.  Though it is not true at the moment for me, there have
been times when I realized the bike I rode the most was actually one of the
least valuable (to others) just because of locking bikes up or otherwise
putting bikes at risk.

I will say that my Joe A., for me, right now, with my current needs and how
I ride, it is hard to imagine a more useful, fun, adaptable bike.  With my
set-up (Bullmoose bars) I wish it was a little less wide (and am working on
that), but it fits me perfectly and brings a smile every time I ride it.  I
have other bikes that might do specific things better, but none of my other
bikes can seem to do what the Joe can do.  There have been a few times when
I wish it were not so, as I am indeed the experimenter, and $$ are tied up
in the Joe and the Cheviot.  But there it is, the Joe does everything I
need.  Makes me smile, makes other people ask questions and want to ride
themselves, hauls groceries, can handle trail or road, fits in whether
fancy or rough....

Anyway, I guess I would like to see more facts to back up the
impressions... The truth may not set us free but it surely can help.

Bob Lovejoy
Galesburg, IL