Merry Christmas everyone and to All good cheer :)

'tis too precious to be, to ever not be

As per your "quest" ..... maybe this would help. It's 3 pages ....
https://www.cnet.com/forums/discussions/pros-cons-of-using-large-screen-tvs-as-a-computer-monitor/

I guess I have a bias toward dedicated pc monitors from Dell as they seem
to last forever, the UIltrasharp ones that is. They make a  34" curved one
, but I don't think your macbook supoorts 3440 x 1440.  Or their 43" one !
That may be a limitation, the macbook and what it can support and the what
the picture looks like on a very large screen for crisp text.