Hi Jay, I'm glad to hear that I am not the only one that struggles with
this type of thing. Oh well, we are fortunate to have such good choices and
the means to purchase such a gorgeous bike bag. To clarify when I put it on
the bike I didn't think it appeared large rather I was surprised as to how
much stuff you can pack inside. For me the choice was correct because I
wanted it to hold my sleeping bag, tent, stove and a few other items for
overnights. I have a Wald basket on the front with a Swift Sugarloaf bag as
well. For me this is a perfect setup. For my next bike I may end up getting
the large. I think there is also quite a bit of value in having that extra
space when you need it.

Tim